We, the community of St. Francis of Assisi Parish in the Diocese of Springfield, Illinois, have chosen to dedicate ourselves to the Triune God — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — Who is ever present in our lives.
We commit ourselves to always choose right from wrong by loving God and our neighbor. Therefore, we accept the following responsibilities:
- to respect life and nature as gifts from God
- to provide and participate in the celebration of the Sacred Mysteries, Mass, and the Sacraments according to the rite of Holy Mother Church.
- to support the efforts of Catholic families to educate their children in the faith by providing organized and relevant programs of religious education for all ages
- to give of our time, talent, and treasures–to witness, to listen, and to cooperate–so that together we can make St. Francis Parish the strong, thriving center of our lives
- to be of service, especially for those encountering spiritual, emotional, and physical difficulties, and to be open to all directions of the Church today under our Holy Father, the Pope, including ecumenism, social justice, and the special programs urged by our United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
May we serve and celebrate in joy and love, building up the Kingdom of God right where we are. Lord, make us instruments of your peace.